Tower Defense + RTS game for people who like to play RTS game and like to micro units. In the game, player must to control their units well enough to defend waves of enemies.
In the current build, player can train units from command center and need to secure 3 waves of enemies to win the game.
Current Progress (To get the best experience, play in FULLSCREEN):
- Character behavior:
- Flocking, Obstacle avoidance, Path finding
- Attacking Move(AMove), Focus Firing Move(FFMove)
- Grid Controller:
I used grid to track units position. Therefore, unit only check it's neighbor grids for collision. It also being used for A* path finding.
- MainCamera: Translate, Zoom in/out.
- Minimap: I used an orthographic camera as minimap and each unit draws a GUI color block to that minimap to show their position. I'm planning to generate terrain background procedurally.
- Unit selection: When MouseClickDown, I cast a ray from camera to the ground/Grid. When MouseClickUp, I cast another ray. Using these two selected grids, I can select all the units within this area from Grid Controller.
- Network (Possible in the future)
I need to keep working on units behavior to have a smoother units control. And there are also many features to be implemented, such as Team formation, Patrolling, Destinations Queue(Shift Move).
Each level should be focusing on some specific micro skills. For example, you have to perform "Kiting" well in order to complete the demo level. I will work on level design after I'm comfortable with the unit control.
- Engine: Unity 4
- Art assets: Unity Assets Store