It's relatively slow to build on real iOS device compare to simulator. Running on simulator can save me a lots of time when testing the iOS plug-in I wrote. Here are the steps we need to do to make the plug-in works on simulator properly:
Here's a demo project I wrote in Unity4.3. In this demo, user can choose either use ADBannerView(Unity built-in class) or iADBannerView (the class I wrote that calls native ios code) to Create, Destroy, Show and Hide iAd in Unity scene.
1. Load level/achievement data from XML file at Resources folder. (webplayer xml)
2. Added tool in Unity to help to export level setting to XML file. (serializer/deserializer)
3. Three game modes. (Survival, Tower Defense and Tug of War)
How to load XML files in Unity Web Player?
In my Towercraft game, I need to load level/achievement information from the XML files in the Resources folder. Also the game is built in Web Player, so the XmlDocument.Load() won't work in this case. The solution is to use WWW class to load file, and then use XmlDocument to load it as string.
1. New Units(Melee, Range and Mage)
2. Added Menu using NGUI
3. Added new unit selection scheme
1. Rewrote unit behaviors by using Finite State Machine
2. Updated Path finding in the game
3. Added Group formation
Tower Defense + RTS game for people who like to play RTS game and like to micro units. In the game, player must to control their units well enough to defend waves of enemies.
In the current build, player can train units from command center and need to secure 3 waves of enemies to win the game.
Current Progress (To get the best experience, play in FULLSCREEN):